The perfect on the go breakfast which can be prepped in advance. These freeze well and will keep for a week in an air tight container
They’re extra tasty warm with butter and the smell when they’re cooking is incredible.
Serve warm with a large English Breakfast tea, mmm heaven.
Sugar Free Apple and Carrot Muffins
- 2 Apples Grated
- 1 Medium Carrot Grated
- 1 Cup Wholemeal Flour
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- 3/4 Cup Soya Yoghurt
- 1 Large Free Range Egg
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence ( optional )
- 1. Set oven to 180°C / 160°C Fan / Gas Mark 4 and either use muffin cases or grease your 12 x Muffin Tray
- 2. Place the carrot, apple, cinnamon and ginger into a heavy based saucepan with a little water and simmer away for 10 minutes.
- 3. Beat the egg and yoghurt together along with the vanilla essence if using and stir in the cooked carrot and apple mixture.
- 4. Fold in the flour to the mixture and completely combine
- 5. Spoon the mixture into your muffin cases and place in the oven for 20 minutes
- 6. Leave to rest for 15 minutes before serving.