‘This is the Perfect Tonic if you’re suffering any of the following symptoms of pregnancy:
- High Blood Pressure
- Trouble Sleeping
Coconut water is incredible and if you haven’t tried I’d definitely recommend. It’s packed full of electrolytes and can ease the acidity in the body as well as helping reduce dehydration. Which in this heat is a must.
The potassium in avocados is great for regulating high blood pressure.
Cucumbers are basically 95% water which can help with hydration and cooling. Plus by keeping the skin on which is high in insoluble fibre will give you a boost if you’re feeling a bit sluggish in the digestive system helping food pass through the digestive tract quicker.
Celery has been said to aid restful sleep and in addition to being rich in fibre it also contains an abundance of vitamins such as vitamin C, vitamin K, folate and potassium.
The lime in this smoothie is so refreshing and adding a handful of ice is bound to keep you cool in this heat.
- 300ml of Coconut Water / alternatively fresh water works just as well if you can’t get your hands on any coconut water
- 1/2 Cucumber unpeeled
- 2 Celery Stalks washed and chopped
- 1 Lime peeled
- 1 Large bunch of freshly washed spinach or kale
- 1 Green Apple cored and peeled
- Flesh of 1/2 Avocado
- Place al the ingredients into your smoothie maker/ blender and serve poured over ice and drink straight away.
I hope you enjoy this amazing smoothie!!
Let me know what you think
The Pregnancy Pantry