These are quite possibly the easiest brownies I’ve ever made.
My family (and by family I refer to the husband) scoffed, there was confusion, uproar and total disbelief when I declared ‘I’m off to the kitchen to make Chickpea Brownies’ but the last laugh was on me as they all agreed that actually yes chickpeas do in fact have a place in sweet treats and aren’t just reserved for adding to the quick veggie curry I make mid week when we’re running out of supplies..
So in keeping with the ease and swiftness of this recipe I’ll keep this post short:
Preheat your oven to 180c and grease and line a square 20cm tray.
- 1 400g can of chickpeas
- 1/2 cup of raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup of xylitol ( granulated stevia works but if I’m honest I don’t like the taste so try to avoid where I can
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder
- 1 cup of chopped dark 80% cocoa chocolate
With exception of the dark chocolate Blend up all the ingredients in a mixer until totally smooth and add to a bowl. Stir in the dark chocolate peices.
Pour into the tray and bake for 25 minutes.
Leave to cool slightly before turning out and slicing into squares.
Eat whilst still warm and the chocolate gooey!!