After a little break and a very stressful start to the week; I got back to my happy place in the kitchen baking up some delicious treats for the family.
These sugar-free, dairy free blueberry muffins are so light and despite only a small tablespoon of honey; they’re sweet enough for you to bake without the use of honey.
I added two tablespoons of Milled Omega Mix which is a blend of flaxseed, sunflower, pumpkin seeds and goji berries. It’s an amazing source of fibre, omega 3 and protein and great as a breakfast sprinkle or stirred into smoothies and yoghurts.
It’s important to remember that if you’re going to add this mix to anything to ensure you drink plenty of extra water with these seeds.
These muffins are the perfect go to snack during pregnancy and are also great for the little ones too, both my kids loved these.
200g Plain Gluten Free Flour
2 Heaped tablespoons for mixed seed mix
1 tablespoon of raw natural honey
3 tsp of baking powder
180ml of almond milk
65ml of yoghurt ( I used almond yoghurt but if you don’t have a preference for dairy free any plain yoghurt will work)
3 tablespoons of coconut oil, olive oil works just as well
2 medium-sized eggs
200g of blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 200°C or 180°C if using a fan assisted oven
- Grease your muffin tray; I melted a little coconut oil and lightly brushed each tray
- Mix together the flour, seed mix, baking power
- In a separate bowl combine the milk, yoghurt, honey and eggs together and once blended add to the dry ingredients until combined.
- Stir in the blueberries but be careful about combining or your mixture will end up purple, I love a subtle purple swirl to my mixture though
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tray and bake for about 20 minutes until the muffins are golden brown and a skewer or small knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Leave to cool before turning out onto a wire rack.