Okay so other than the high quality protein in this Quiche from the eggs, combined with vitamin B2, sources of selenium, vitamin D, B6, B12, zinc, iron and copper, I can’t say for sure that this will ease any major symptoms of pregnancy, but I can guarantee that it’ll taste great.
It’s the perfect dish to serve up for brunch, lunch, dinner or a late supper and can be easily adapted by adding peppers, sweet potato, sweetcorn or if you prefer you can use a good quality cut of ham instead of the bacon.
This isn’t my own recipe and is from https://thecafesucrefarine.co I adapted mine slightly by removing the panko breadcrumbs and using grated cheddar cheese but I have made this exact version too and its incredible.
- 3 cups diced, peeled butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, lightly salt and pepper
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt
- 7 large eggs
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoon butter
- ⅓ cup panko crumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated Fontina or Gouda cheese
- 5 slices thick cut, smokey bacon, Cut in ½-inch pieces cooked until crisp and drained on several thicknesses of paper towels.
- fresh thyme leaves, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Spray a 9 or 10-inch Quiche pan generously with cooking spray. Rub with a paper towel to evenly distribute.
- Combine butternut squash and olive oil on a sheet pan. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon sea salt and a few grinds of fresh pepper, toss to coat. Roast in oven for 20 minutes or until tender and slightly golden.
- Place Greek yogurt , eggs, salt and pepper in blender. Blend on medium-high speed until smooth. Add thyme leaves, stir and set aside.
- In a small pan, over medium heat, melt the butter till bubbly and golden. Add the panko crumbs and stir. Continue cooking, stirring frequently until crumbs are golden, about 4-5 minutes. Set aside
- Pour egg mixture through a fine sieve into prepared Quiche pan. Sprinkle with cheese .Add bacon and squash, a few pieces at a time until all bacon and veggies are added. At first they will sink into the egg mixture, but towards the end they will stay near the surface.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with prepared panko crumbs. Return to oven and bake another 10 minutes or until top is light golden brown and center no longer wiggles when Quiche is gently rocked side to side. If quiche looks golden, but center is not done, cover lightly with a piece of non-stick foil, or a piece of regular foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Remove from oven when done and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish the top with more fresh thyme leaves, if desired.